Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
The majority of our staff is involved into cutting edge R&D work and our culture is open, positive and collaborative. It requires high level of independence but it also offers exceptional opportunities for professional growth. Analytical Chemistry group is an integral part of the company which interacts with multiple team in R&D, particularly Flavor team. We are looking for a full time Analytics Operations Manager with a strong background in analytical chemistry and analytical instrumentation particularly operations and maintenance. Currently we have three GC/MS instruments, two LC/MS and six HPLC.
- Organize and manage effective operation of analytical laboratory.
- Ensure timely maintenance, troubleshooting and performance test execution for multiple GC/MS, LC/MS and HPLC systems.
- Ensure adequate supplies and consumables availability for uninterrupted operation of the laboratory.
- Lead installation, upgrades and moves of new instrumentation in close collaboration with Facilities.
- Manage and mentor technical staff of the laboratory.
- Set analytical service capabilities of the laboratory and ensure timely sample analysis and result reporting.
- Serve as a technical lead in development and validation of new assays Collect project and sample requests from R&D team and prioritize them according to overall company goals.
- MS or PhD in chemistry or related science disciplines.
- 5+ of experience in analytical laboratory which include management of staff, instrumentation time, performance and maintenance, timely sample through put, purchasing, interaction with external vendors.
- Experience with development of industrialized and high through put assays.
- Experience interacting with internal customers to collect their requests and feedback and report data and progress in timely and courteous manner.
- Excellent communication skills and breadth of technical and scientific background to thrive in a complex research environment.