Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
We’re looking for a Production Manager to lead our passionate Production Team in our Oakland Facility. The Production Manager will provide leadership in line with the company culture of empowerment. The production manager will identify and implement goals and objectives to meet the company’s vision, mission, and long-range strategic plans. This role will manage our production teams and ensure that our product is produced safely, at optimum quality, is cost-effective, on time and at proper quantity levels by managing employees, materials, and resources. The Production Manager will report to and work closely with the Plant Manager and the Plant Leadership Team. Come work with us to change the course of history.
- Be responsible for the safety, health, environment of all manufacturing employees and the strict enforcement all applicable regulations and rules (Cal OSHA, Corporate or site-specific policies).
- Comply and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Be responsible to ensure consistent Manufacturing compliance with customer specifications, quality standards and documentation, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), as well as all plant GMPs.
- Manage goal setting and goal measurement against the production cost goals, attainment vs. plan, by ensuring that Key Performance Indicators are tracked daily, weekly, monthly, etc…
- Strategically manage Production and Sanitation supervisors to ensure all resources are optimally utilized, organized, and managed within defined policies and practices.
- Be responsible for full Production department budget attainment for direct costs and overhead expenses.
- Leads teams to achieve targeted raw material yields, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), effective manpower scheduling and overtime usage, line sanitation and cleaning efficacy and waste and utility mitigation.
- Ensure on-time and accurate production of a released product for all required volumes.
- Create a united team environment among peers and team members.
- Guide, motivate, assess and develop the Team by working strategically with Human Resources.
- Participate in coaching and developing the of supervisors, leads, and associates on the team as well as additional career development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team.
- Promote employee morale and motivate through positive communications and proactive problem solving to ensure an efficient and stable work environment.
- Encourage teams to have an innovative mindset to analyze current process and continuously determine what steps to take to Initiate improvement and optimization of practices, organization, and processes in line with the Plant Manager.
- Oversee daily operations of Production Supervisors and review performance of subordinates; set yearly goals and objectives for each direct report and continuously measure those goals.
- Lead and actively advocate for the Company's values and management principles within his/her department(s) and when interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Foster a customer-centric approach, maintain or develop an ongoing, positive and pro-active relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility of each supervisor and each associate are properly and clearly identified, organized, staffed and directed within the manufacturing area.
- 5-8 years Food Manufacturing experience.
- 5-10 years of directly related experience required in a management role (Managing supervisors or managers) and is the right hand of the plant manager.
- Strong communication, training, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in improving work processes and leading change in a complex, fast environment growing environment.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrable record of understanding and meeting customer expectations.
- Proven track record of understanding the drivers of product and labor cost variances.
- Master degree or Bachelor degree with 10 years equivalent experience required.
- Experience running a team of minimum 10 staff.