This position supports and works with the Site EHS Manager to maintain the building in top condition for a food processing facility. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., work with chemicals and hazardous wastes, spend a large portion of each shift walking, and be available to work occasional overtime.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Support the safety, health, and comfort of employees.
- Will assist with site safety inspections, safety equipment checks for the facility, and maintenance.
- Buildings and Structures
- Conduct detailed inspections of buildings and grounds, including roof areas.
- Create work orders in the CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and perform repairs and preventative maintenance as scheduled in the CMMS.
- Interior Spaces
- Perform daily maintenance for office spaces, conference rooms, training rooms, and other shared spaces. Provide maintenance and care for interior plants, décor, and furniture.
- Ensure lighting is adequate and maintain or replace lighting elements, as required.
- Provide support to food processing operations and work closely with technical services personnel.
- Coordinate and oversee outside vendors for various services provided for building maintenance and support.
- Will physically handle various production wastes, hazardous waste, movement of waste containers to storage, preparing recycling and wastes for proper disposal, and storage area housekeeping.
- Will safely operate a scissor lift and forklifts.
- May need to respond to facility emergencies after hours.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, food processing preferred.
- Has an understanding of industry practices, standard manufacturing policies and procedures. Can follow direction and resolve issues in innovative as well as practical ways.
- Must interact positively with employees while maintaining a customer service attitude.
- Available to be on call or work off hours as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and spend a large portion of each shift walking.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three years of responsible experience in building maintenance or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift and scissor lift operator certifications.