The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for supervising all packaging during his/her shift. This position supervises the production, quality, and warehousing of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Supervision of the operations of the packaging team is given, to achieve team and company objectives.
This position is responsible for making sure employees are safely and properly performing their duties to ensure food safety and product quality of products manufacture at the facility. In addition, but not limited to:
- Make sure employees are following GMP’s, keep their area clean at all times, and tools picked up.
- Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures.
- Know and understand all equipment in plant from the production area through shipping.
- To train and direct laborers in their various jobs, in a way which will promote safety, quality, and productivity.
- Isolate any product which will not meet the established quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard if eaten. Notify quality assurance department of any such problem and record on appropriate document.
- Assist in the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, warehouse control, and timely processing of productions and orders.
- Manage to attain quality in every aspect of the product.
- Enforce of GMPs and champion HACCP.
- Coordinate Production.
- Assist in production when needed.
- Be involved in the hiring and training of new employee’s, refer employees for promotions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Skill requirements:
- At least 5 years manufacturing supervision experience required, and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Proficient Computer Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- High School Education or Equivalency Required, College Degree Preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional behavior and demeanor required.
- Knowledge of the form fill seal, marking, weighing, packing procedures, and machinery.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, Quality related policies, Receiving, Shipping and Storage programs.