Want to help solve the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced by joining the most exciting and important endeavor in the world today? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing faster than the world’s population. At the same time, the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector; occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land; consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry; and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this dilemma by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product appeared in the market in 2016.
We’re looking for an MRO Coordinator to support manufacturing in our Oakland Facility. Come work with us to change the course of history.
The MRO Coordinator will be responsible for the entire Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) inventory process. As a key member of the Plant Maintenance Team you will be responsible for creating, constructing and managing all systems necessary to obtain, monitor and control the required spares and consumables for the support of the IF manufacturing facility in Oakland, CA. The position will have responsibility to drive plant productivity and supplier continuous improvement for the spare parts category and provide linkage between suppliers and the maintenance team. This position reports to the Technical Manager.
- Conceptualize complex systems as well as execute the implementation of those systems with limited resources to maintain uninterrupted operations.
• Create and implement an inventory control system for all spares and consumables.
• Monitor transactional activity and perform research and reconciliations to correct imbalances and prevent stock outs.
- Sustain and develop current CMMS program to include ownership of entire PM plan.
• Maintain records and reporting metrics for cycle count activity, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
• Coordinate, track, and expedite repairs of components and systems.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness with key focus on Storeroom, Maintenance, Plant, and Business goals.
• Work with Supply Chain Management team to conduct audits and ensure accuracy of inventory records, including receiving, and cycle count activities.
• Ensure compliance with standard processes and methodology for all spares inventory related activity
• Monitor inventory turns, backorders, repairs, and service levels to minimize common material and service costs.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in Business preferred.
• At least 5 years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing preferred, including inventory control, tracking and supplier relations.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment, components, and parts.
• Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written English.
• Must be computer proficient and be able to work with the company’s IT department in the selection and implementation of inventory tracking software.
- Manufacturing plant: This is an industrial food manufacturing environment with many types of equipment and processes to create our product.
• Production operations are up to 365 days per year as production demands.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, continuous operating environment.
• Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Some lifting, pushing or pulling required, 50 – 75 lbs. (or higher with assistance).
- Must comply with company safety policy at all times with a focus on Safety First.
- Must follow company GMP policy.