Want to help solve the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced by joining the most exciting and important endeavor in the world today? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing faster than the world’s population. At the same time, the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector; occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land; consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry; and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this dilemma by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product appeared in the market in 2016.
We’re looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to support manufacturing in our Oakland Facility. Come work with us to change the course of history.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, gearboxes, pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions and frequency driven PM’s using CMMS program.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problems.
- Develop and maintain schedules for preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on equipment using CMMS program.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using maintenance shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies to complete work orders in timely manner.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs utilizing CMMS program.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in all safety programs i.e. LOTO, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Energized Equipment Safety.
- Degree or Certification from technical or trade school plus one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should be related to the repair of any of the following systems: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical.
- Must be computer literate.
- Working knowledge of single-phase and 3-phase power and control systems up to 480v.
- Working experience in pipe fitting, water, gas and air, along with sanitary lines and valving. Should be familiar with refrigeration.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing ladders to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Understand written and/or verbal job information in English
- Current or prior use of CMMS program a plus
- Must comply with company safety policy at all times with a focus on Safety First.
- Must follow company GMP policy.
- Manufacturing plant: This is an industrial food manufacturing environment with many types of equipment and processes to create our product.
- Production operations are up to 365 days per year as production demands.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, continuous operating environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- Some lifting, pushing or pulling required, 50 – 75 lbs. (or higher with assistance)