Material Handler Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- start a production cycle
- Can operate a pallet jack
- Can operate a forklift
- Feed the necessary raw material to semi-automated machines
- Keep records of intermediate or final products using a MRP system (computer/barcode scanner)
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
- Can train OJT fellow associate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Operators are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of experience working in a production environment.
- Material handlers need to be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, can be working in 40f degree environment and temporarily in -20f freezer, while using tools to perform repetitive actions, for a 8-hour shift.
Due to the time-sensitive nature of manufacturing, there may be overtime requirements. In order to abide by certain OSHA and local environmental agency regulations, mandatory safety training, protective gear, and chemical handling procedures are required.