Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with proven track records creating new global industries.
We’re looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice to support manufacturing in our Oakland Facility. Come work with us to change the course of history.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear).
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Start a production cycle.
- Can operate a pallet jack.
- Can operate a forklift.
- Feed the necessary raw material to semi-automated machines.
- Keep records of intermediate or final products using a MRP system (computer/barcode scanner).
- Create and maintain activity logs.
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors.
- Can train OJT fellow associate.
- Proficient in excel.
- BA/BS (in general) with exception of Scientist.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Operators are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of experience working in a production environment.
- Material handlers need to be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, can be working in 40f degree environment and temporarily in -20f freezer, while using tools to perform repetitive actions, for a 8-hour shift.