Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Processing Operator to perform a set of tasks using machinery while following safety rules and respecting quality procedures. You will be responsible for setting up, operating following Good Manufacturing Practices, performing product quality control, basic maintenance on various pieces of equipment to ensure the efficient running of production. A great machine operator will be reliable, able to pay attention to details throughout her/his full scheduled work shift.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear).
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Keep records of intermediate or final products using a MRP system (computer/barcode scanner).
- Create and maintain activity logs.
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors.
- Perform machine setups (assembly, calibration, etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. flows).
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out.
- Feed the necessary raw material to semi-automated machines.
- Inspect production to ensure they meet requirements.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Can train OJT fellow associate.
- Update and write standard operating and standard sanitation operating procedures.
- Perform Sanitation operations.
- Operate all equipment of the processing area.
- Coordinates with the other operators the material and people flow during her/his shift to maximize output.
- Leads team meeting when supervisor is not available.
- Ensures all KPI and production reports are filled out OTIF (on time in full) for her/his area.
- Operators are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of experience working in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of complex processing equipment and measurement tools.
- Food manufacturing background.
- Work-center coordination and team leadership preferred.
- Need to be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, while using tools to perform repetitive actions, for a 10-hour shift.