We are looking for a skilled Senior Processing Operator to perform a set of tasks using machinery while following safety rules and respecting quality procedures.
You will be responsible for setting up, operating following Good Manufacturing Practices, performing product quality control, basic maintenance on various pieces of equipment to ensure the efficient running of production.
A great machine operator will be reliable, able to pay attention to details throughout her/his full scheduled work shift.
The ideal candidate will have willingness to learn and improve and will be trained both in classroom setting and through On-the-job so being a team player is essential
since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency minimize costs.
Because of the manufacturing environment and potential dangers from working close to large machines, safety and cleanliness in the workplace are the most important focus on a day to day basis and are expected to be part of each Impossible Foods Manufacturing associate’s DNA.
Some machine operators are responsible for one function, while others are responsible for a variety of steps, utilizing different equipment for each.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Keep records of intermediate or final products using a MRP system (computer/barcode scanner)
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
- Perform machine setups (assembly, calibration, etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. flows)
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Feed the necessary raw material to semi-automated machines
- Inspect production to ensure they meet requirements
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Can train OJT fellow associate
- Update and write standard operating and standard sanitation operating procedures
- Perform Sanitation operations
- Operate all equipment of the processing area
- Coordinates with the other operators the material and people flow during her/his shift to maximize output
- Leads team meeting when supervisor is not available
- Ensures all KPI and production reports are filled out OTIF (on time in full) for her/his area
Qualifications & Experience:
- Operators are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of experience working in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of complex processing equipment and measurement tools.
- Food manufacturing background.
- Work-center coordination and team leadership preferred
- Need to be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, while using tools to perform repetitive actions, for a 10-hour shift.
Due to the time-sensitive nature of manufacturing, there may be overtime requirements. In order to abide by certain OSHA and local environmental agency regulations, mandatory safety training, protective gear, and chemical handling procedures are required.