We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
You will be responsible to coordinate with our outside storage and corporate production plan the warehousing and product needs.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for warehouse employee’s safety
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Managing warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manages warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills