Essential Duties And Responsibilities
We seek exceptional full-time intern candidates. Applicants should have a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry. The applicants should possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and technical knowledge in the field of organic synthesis. Prior laboratory experience with organic synthesis, compound purification, analytical chemistry and and structural characterization is preferred (NMR, LCMS, etc). Applicants should convey robust synthetic skills, a strong record of achievement, and demonstrated ability in effectively interacting with teams.
Education And/Or Experience
• BS/MS degree in synthetic organic chemistry or relevant field, Ph.D. is preferred.
• Successful application of structure based drug design leading to advanced leads.
• High level of productivity and creativity with strong synthetic problem solving skills.
• Excellent scientific expertise in organic synthesis, knowledgeable with the current literature.
• Hard working self-motivated individual.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Must have high organizational and record keeping ability.
• Attention to details, fast learner, and ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams.
• Creative and strong problem solving ability.
• Strong track record of success in scientific problem-solving and comfortable applying his/her skills to the development of a new technology that leverages both chemistry and biology to solve difficult problems in small molecule discovery field.
Skills & Abilities
• Scientific mindset to understand and solve complex problems, ask questions and develop experiments to verify conclusions.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Driven to execute projects to completion.
• Strong written communication skills to report completed work in laboratory journal, instrument logs and analytical reports.
• Strong time management skills.
• Excellent presentation skills to report work in company-wide or team meetings.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently and within a team environment