Want to help solve the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced by joining the most exciting and important endeavor in the world today? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing faster than the world’s population. At the same time, the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector; occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land; consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry; and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this dilemma by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product appeared in the market in 2016.
We’re looking for a People Manager to lead our new production facility. This position will be the only permanent on-site member of the People team and needs to be comfortable in a manufacturing environment. Come work with us to change the course of history.
What will I do?
- Provide leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, employee development, training and special projects.
- Serves as a strategic and tactical business partner to the Plant leadership team.
- Provide human resource generalist services, including compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. EEOC, Human Rights, OFCCP, and OSHA).
- Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems, related to benefits, company policies, etc.
- Source, screen and recommend candidates for employment and conduct new employee orientation.
- Manage Employee Temporary Services.
- Develop, write, and update plant-specific programs & policies.
- Facilitate internal/external employee engagement activities.
- Administer local salary performance review procedure, and employment related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for HRIS administration and maintenance (as it relates to the Plant).
- Support the administration of Worker’s Compensation and coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Conduct training sessions related to Ethics, benefits, safety, or others as required.
- Assist in developing & growing the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do I need to know?
- 7+ years in an HR role; at least 3 of those in a manufacturing setting
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, organization and operation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data, using HRIS systems for reporting
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Strong understanding of state and federal employment legislation including FMLA, CFRA, FLSA, ADA and EEOC
- PHR, SHRM or ATD certification preferred
What skills do I need?
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to Foster Teamwork
- Management Proficiency
- Commitment to Process Improvement
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Astuteness
- People Skills
- Employee Retention