The Legal Department at Impossible Foods is seeking a flexible and experienced paralegal and assistant to join our Legal team. The successful candidate will be the first and only paralegal/assistant in our department of three attorneys, and will report directly to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to partner with the legal team and across other teams. The person should be a highly organized, energetic, detail-oriented, creative problem-solver with sound judgment. The candidate also will perform duties as personal assistant to the General Counsel.
Our department handles every legal issue faced by Impossible Foods (e.g., regulatory, IP, corporate, finance, HR, manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements, real estate, etc.). The candidate will be responsible for supporting our work, for example, designing and implementing various systems (e.g., document storage systems, calendaring meetings, etc.) to make and keep Impossible’s legal operations efficient and organized during the Company’s rapid growth. We seek a candidate who is motivated to apply his or her expertise, and comfortable using good judgment in other legal areas with which they may be less familiar.
- Work with Impossible Foods lawyers and outside counsel to support legal work and activities.
- Implement and maintain a document management system.
- Prepare, process and maintain legal documents.
- Manage contract lifecycles for basic transaction documents.
- Maintain a library of form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents, and add or revise material as needed.
- Assist the General Counsel, as needed.
- Help the Legal Department serve our client better, while expanding and developing your skill set and interests.
- The desire and ability to meet the needs of a high-growth, fast-paced, pre-IPO Silicon Valley startup company.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience).
- At least 4 years of experience working at a major law firm or in a corporate environment, with an emphasis on corporate/transactional expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude.