Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with proven track records creating new global industries.
The Inventory Control Specialist will ensure adequate counts of inventory of materials and finished goods in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy at Impossible’s Oakland production facility. They will conduct daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems through reconciliation of discrepancies and notification to their supervisor of irregularities. They must act as liaison between the warehouse and purchasing teams.
Core Functions And Responsibilities
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; tracks orders and investigates problems daily.
- Performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports through cycle counts.
- Validate receipts of raw materials have accurate lot codes and expirations dates in the ERP/MRP.
- Ensure rejected receipts are stocked and labeled appropriately. Process and document returns as required following established procedures in conjunction of the warehouse manager when a receipt is rejected.
Education And/Or Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Inventory Control at a production facility and familiarity with basic supply chain functions.
- Experience working with Sage ERP X3 or similar ERP or purchasing system a plus.
- Experience in food or biotechnology manufacturing a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Successful candidates will be well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with great follow-up.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with an ERP and MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems swiftly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships.