Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
Currently we are a medium sized start-up in a transition to more corporate environment. The majority of our staff is involved into cutting edge R&D work and our culture is open, positive and collaborative. It requires high level of independence but it also offers exceptional opportunities for professional growth.
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join the Protein Discovery group. Job title will be dependent on candidate's prior related experience and knowledge. A successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic team player, detail-oriented, extremely organized and comfortable working on complex problems. This is a hands-on bench position, focused on sample preparation, troubleshooting and data analysis. The successful candidate will work with a large numbers of samples for collaborative projects, optimize and develop methods, as well as be responsible for smaller research projects.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare samples from plant and animal tissues, microbial cultures, and food materials
- Optimize and develop new sample preparation methods
- Optimize and develop mass spectrometry-based assays
- Small scale protein/metabolites fractionation
- Analyze data to share with collaborators
Education And / Or Experience
- BS/MS degree, in biochemistry or related field
- Minimum 2 years technical experience
- Experience in sample preparation for proteomics
- Experience in protein purification and quantification
- Experience in small molecule fractionation valued but not required
- Experience with automated liquid handling device valued but not required
Skills & Abilities
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude is required for success
- Flexible, able to respond quickly to shifting priorities and able to multitask
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to follow SOPs