Core Functions And Responsibilities
- Obtain food samples from the food production facility daily
- Physical property testing of food including viscosity, texture, pH, color, and functional behavior daily
- Provide sensory samples for sensory panels, collect data and enter the data into the computer daily
- Measure microbiological levels of bacteria, yeasts, and molds using manual and automated methods
- Sample shipment to external labs.
- Promptly organize and report results
- Support other analytical needs
- Assist with Quality Assurance program (audits, record review, documentation)
Education And/Or Experience
- BS in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related fields
- 0 - 2 years of industrial or academic laboratory experience
- Experience should include sample testing as described above including microbiological good aseptic technique.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel; writing formulas, graphing data
- Experience with QA/QC or food manufacturing processing is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Hard working self-motivated individual with excellent quantitative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Demonstrated organizational and record keeping ability.
- Attention to detail, fast learner, and ability to work well with many different people.
- Willingness to perform routine testing