Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Performing mass-spectrometry based analysis for protein-containing samples (training will be provided).
- Protein purification and assay development
- Data recording and maintaining laboratory notebook.
- Periodic communication of results to team and supervisor
Education And/Or Experience
- Students in BS (junior or senior), MS, PhD or equivalent degree programs (majoring in biology, chemistry, material science or related fields)
- Experience in protein analysis via LS-MS is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high pressure environment.