Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Perform scale-up and scale-down experiments to optimize and trouble-shoot a yeast protein extraction manufacturing process.
• Optimize product final formulation and perform shelf life studies.
• Some cell lysis, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, and chromatographic separation process development at lab-scale.
• Develop new methods and interpret experimental results.
• Maintain an accurate and up to date electronic lab notebook
• Formal presentations to other team members every 3 months.
• Other duties as assigned
Education And/Or Experience
• BS, or MS in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or related fields with 2+ years of industrial or academic laboratory experience post graduation.
• Proficient in total protein assays, SDS-PAGE, western blot, and UV-vis analysis.
• Experience executing complex experiments with multiple variables and a high number of samples.
• Extensive protein purification experience. Experience working with different types of resins: affinity, ion exchange, HIC, etc.
• Proficient in writing methods and executing runs on Akta FPLCs using Unicorn software.
• Experience in performing high-pressure homogenization and/or tangential flow filtration is a plus.
Language, Mathematical, And/OR Reasoning Ability
• Hard working self-motivated individual with excellent quantitative skills, good organization and record-keeping skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, fast learner, and ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams.
• Ability to persevere through obstacles through determination and teamwork.
• Creative and strong problem solving ability
• Proficient in excel. Additional programming skills is a plus.