Do you want to be part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing even faster than the world’s population. But the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet. Animal farming is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, occupies almost half of Earth’s ice-free land, consumes and pollutes more of the world’s dwindling supply of fresh water than any other industry and is by far the leading threat to biodiversity.
Impossible Foods was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product is currently available at Momofuku Nishi in New York, Crossroads Kitchen in L.A., and in San Francisco at both Cockscomb and Jardinière.
We have ambitious plans for growth in 2017 and the Customer Marketing Coordinator will play a key role in our marketing and sales team. He or she will report directly to our Director of Marketing and support development of a robust customer marketing program including collateral, co-marketing, and relationship management.
The ideal candidate:
● Is able to simplify and communicate new or complex ideas
● Has worked in the food industry, ideally for a restaurant company headquarters.
● Has marketing experience
● Is excited to talk to people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
● Is a great written and verbal communicator with experience working with individuals at all levels in an organization.
● Has a can-do attitude and is willing to do a variety of tasks in our fast-paced start-up environment
● Is extremely organized and has strong time management skills
● Has experience managing budgets and researching costs
● Is a troubleshooter who likes taking on complex challenges
● Act as the point person between partner marketing teams and our creative, culinary and management teams
● Project manage all aspects of partner onboarding and maintain a strict onboarding schedule (R&D, training, product introduction). This person will be tasked with holding our team accountable to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Work with partners on co-marketing materials including owning the approval process of all co-developed materials internally and with partner.
● Work with sales team to research and write reports on potential restaurant partner brand and marketing
● Collect product feedback from partners
● Travel to partner restaurants to check in with managers and course correct messaging, materials and training if needed
● Develop a partner retention program with marketing team and own the execution
● Own partner communication schedule, sending frequent scheduled updates on the company, product, partnership and more
● Support development of a B2B marketing program, salons, events selection + support, materials
● 3-5 years experience in marketing, preferably at an agency
● Able to travel frequently domestically (40%+) and occasionally internationally