Impossible Foods’ vision is to change the way the world looks from space by creating delicious foods entirely from plants. Last year, our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced to the world with top chefs in NYC, SF and LA.
The Distributor Sales Manager will find, forge, develop, and maintain relationships with food distribution partners. This person will have the unique opportunity to help build our distribution channels from the ground up as we launch our first products. This role will report to the Director of Commercialization.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a proven ability to develop deep, long-term, high-touch, strategically important relationships and is willing to go above and beyond to help build and and grow our distribution relationships.
- Is able to learn about, understand and communicate a completely new product, with particular focus on communicating our product and process simply and clearly to distribution executives and their sales teams.
- Is highly organized, able to keep many work streams going simultaneously. Substantial attention to detail.
- Is able to create compelling, persuasive materials in concert with distribution partners to communicate the Impossible Foods story to customers.
- Is willing to flex into other roles to get the job done (we’re a startup after all!)
- Increase sales through relationships with third-party distributors.
- Develop a detailed understanding of our products and business.
- Forge relationships with food distributors, onboard new distributors, train their sales teams, and create compelling incentive programs for their sales team.
- Manage and oversee distributors’ sales teams to ensure Impossible’s story is being communicated effectively and deals are closed.
- Collect, collate and present feedback from distributors, chefs, and customers.
- Prepare for customer interactions through in depth research, material development and logistical coordination.
- Represent Impossible Foods to chefs and customers via “ride-alongs” with distributor’s sales members.
- Serve as a main point of contact for and manage follow up on all action items arising from distributors meetings with customers.
- Account management, monitor key customers to ensure re-orders and business continuity.
- Attend distributor sales meetings on behalf of Impossible, present Impossible products at food shows, distributor events.
- Develop and build customer relationship management operations.
- 5-6 years of experience in business development or sales.
- BA/BS degree from top tier school.
- Food or beverage industry experience. Food distribution experience a plus.
- Experience working with Excel and SalesForce.
- Willingness to travel, primarily domestically and be on-site at various distributors (50%+)