Essential Duties And Responsibilities
We seek an exceptional full-time research associate, with a strong background in molecular genetics, and biochemistry including DNA manipulation and analysis. The candidate’s responsibilities will include construction of DNA libraries for DNA-programmed chemical synthesis, screening of DNA-encoded small molecule libraries on target proteins, NGS sample preparation, and characterization of candidates in biological or biochemical assays. Preferred candidate will have experience in high-throughput work.
- Assembly, analysis and QC of combinatorial DNA libraries
- Selection and screening of small molecule libraries produced by DNA-encoded synthesis
- Isolate and prepare DNA for NGS
- Critically evaluate complex experimental data and design follow-up experiments
- Work effectively with a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- Communicate results, challenges and opportunities both verbally and in writing
Education And/Or Experience
- The qualified candidate will have a BS or MS in Biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field and at least 2 years of full-time laboratory experience involving DNA manipulation and analysis.
- An innovative problem-solver who works well in teams with a strong track record of success in scientific problem solving
- Ability and eagerness to learn and apply new research skills.
- Comfort applying his/her skills to the development of a new technology.
- Proficiency in molecular biology using a wide variety of DNA manipulation and analysis techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with laboratory high-throughput automation and robotics are a plus.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheet (Excel) software. Experience with electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Enthusiasm in science with a motivation of making contributions in a team environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Scientific mindset to understand and solve complex problems, ask questions and develop experiments to verify conclusions.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong written communication skills to report completed work in laboratory journal, instrument logs and analytical reports.
- Excellent presentation skills to report work in company-wide or team meetings.
- Must be a self starter who can work independently and within a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There are typically between 10-20 employees in the lab at any given time. Proper PPE is provided for