Impossible Foods does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
The Plant Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, materials, quality control, maintenance, receiving and shipping. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel, facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition, the Plant Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution. This role will also need project management experience within a manufacturing environment.
This person must be a trained professional with at least 5 -10 of experience, including best practices in both managerial and production platforms.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Sustain daily review and communication process as a means to drive engagement and involvement of all plant employees.
- Ensure all plant employees are responsible and accountable to maintain GMP and site standards
- Ensure product quality and food safety by ensuring plant employee’s sustains quality systems.
- Review and update and ensure adherence to SOP’s.
- Manage plant safety programs to ensure the safety of all employees and products.
- Identify training needs and conduct training when necessary.
- Sustain inventories, ensuring full accuracy in the process.
- Manage adherence to the budget (meet or beat).
- Lead continuous improvement teams.
- Ensure all plant employees are treated consistently and fairly in terms of performance, attendance, employment, wage increases, discipline and development
- Ensure troubleshoot capabilities or developed with all operators and maintenance personnel.
- Facilitate Maintenance Department in developing preventive maintenance schedules, and make decisions regarding emergency maintenance
- Ensure plant teams understand and drive to root cause. Be involved with and lead troubleshooting and problem solving exercises
- Ensure sustainable approach to adhere to full compliance to environmental permits and to all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure effective communication process that drives sustained performance.
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Experience in ERP and MRP systems and their operations.
Educational and Skill requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Management.
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience and knowledge of maintenance supervision and reliability practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills. Experience in setting priorities and executing multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of predictive and preventative maintenance programs and ability to implement or manage effectively.
- Knowledge of and developed skills in excel and ERP software (Sage, Netsuite, SAP are examples)