Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for Food Product Development:
- Bringing new products with associated new technology to market.
- Leading and/or supporting feasibility, development, and commercialization aspects of new product projects; managing project plans and timelines for on-time delivery
- Developing target design for new products and helping to ensure manufactured product on-target quality
- Designing, planning and executing experiments for bench top, pilot plant and plant trials, gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and making recommendations based on findings.
- Conducting sensory and consumer testing, shelf life and product stability studies, and recommending storage and handling requirements
- Supporting scale-up and commercialization efforts led by Engineering, Operations and/or Co-Manufacturing teams
- Leading and/or supporting problem-solving, productivity, and quality improvement projects
- Writing detailed ingredient, product, and process specifications
- Supporting labeling, nutritional, regulatory, and food safety efforts
- Managing relationships with suppliers and business partners in Marketing, Sourcing, Finance, Quality, and R&D.
Education And/Or Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related fields, with 6+ years of industrial experience in the food industry
- Proven track record of successful product launches and experience in product development technology within the Food Industry.
Candidates should posses the following skills:
- Strong technical and project management skills with results orientation
- Knowledge and experience with ingredient functionality, product design and formulation, and commercialization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively influence others and get results through working with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, organizing, and problem solving competencies
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to move with a changing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, building strong relationships across R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and External Teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Determination to find the best solution for the needed applications
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions
While performing duties of the this job the candidate may:
- occasionally be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- occasionally lift or move objects up to 30 lbs.
- be required to travel (~20%)
- be asked to participate in taste panels involving meat and dairy.