Impala is bringing a new product to the hospitality market and we are looking for a founding engineer to help us build it. This is a green-field opportunity to disrupt a multi-trillion dollar industry in a fun, fast-paced environment. We're in the middle of an enormous shift of technology in travel, and you could be a part of the team that's enabling better travel for the 429 million people who travel every year.
We're backed by the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and we're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who can help us shape our product with strong technical leadership. You'll be working in a small team to break down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration, and high costs that have held back the world of travel for decades.
As a founding engineer at Impala, you'll be at the forefront of our mission to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel. You'll be designing, creating, deploying, and operating web apps from scratch, and ensuring that code is well-tested and maintainable, and applications have a high degree of observability. You'll work collaboratively with other engineers, designers and product owners from early in the process, exploring solutions together and actively discussing the best approach.
Check in with us if this sounds like you
- You know how to design, create, deploy, and operate web apps from scratch (Frontend, Backend, Data Storage)
- Ideally, you’ve worked with Node.js, React, and Typescript
- You know your way around AWS or another cloud computing platform, and you’re comfortable with managing infrastructure
- You're comfortable commenting in design files, ideally with experience doing so in Figma
- You've got experience with Git and CI/CD tools
- You're familiar with app containerization and build/test/deployment strategies
- You like your code well-tested and maintainable. You like your applications with a high degree of observability.
- You value pro-activity, change, and growth over stability and rigid structure
At Impala, we're committed to making sure every member of our team feels connected and supported, whether you work in-person or remotely. We blend in-person and remote extremely well, so you'll have the chance to meet the team and feel like part of what we're doing, without sacrificing the flexibility of working from home.
We offer a range of benefits that we think are pretty special, including
- A generous equity allocation, so you can share in our success
- A flexible and remote work policy, so you can work from anywhere you like and still be part of our team
- A generous monthly budget for health and wellbeing, covering everything from gym memberships to health insurance to veggie boxes
- A workplace budget, so you can fit out your office, cover your broadband bills, or pay for a co-working space
- A learning and development budget, so you can keep growing your skills and knowledge
- 28 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays and an "un-sick" day
- A generous paid maternity, paternity, and pawternity (!) leave policy
- A private pension, so you can save for your future