We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Content & Social Producer role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And it’s not just our product that’s innovative: we’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks - so you can work the way that’s best for you.
We're proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London's best startups to work at in 2022, one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021. With backing from the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and a product that’s attracting global attention, now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
About the role:
We’re looking for a creative and ambitious content expert to give the travel industry a wake-up call. Impala’s new tech is shaking up the travel tech space, but new innovations can be hard to explain to people used to old ways of doing things. That’s why content is at the heart of our strategy.
You may be a seasoned writer or journalist, you may have cut your teeth in a space like B2B marketing, or you might be working at a creative agency. Regardless of your background, you’ll be a curious and wildly talented storyteller, with a knack for asking the right questions and making abstract ideas feel real and compelling.
We also need to make sure our content reaches the right people. You’ll work with your colleagues across the marketing team to ensure we find our audience through owned channels, including social media - and measure the reach and impact of content to make sure we’re constantly learning about what cuts through.
You shouldn’t be afraid of rolling up your sleeves to write and edit your own work. We’re moving fast and need to tell stories through a range of media, so you’ll also build a network of trusted freelancers and agencies to ensure we’re telling every story in the right formats. And of course you’ll be incredibly organised to ensure every project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Build and manage scalable content production workflows, ensuring content is regularly published on our owned channels (blog, social etc), and developing our freelance capacity to deliver ad-hoc bigger content projects/campaigns.
- Match Impala’s business goals with customer pain points and needs to create multi-channel content strategies that resonate with our audience.
- Write, edit and commission content in a variety of media formats, including copy, audio, video and infographics, to grow awareness of Impala and understanding of our mission and product.
- Drive conversion of leads by developing compelling content that supports our demand and supply acquisition goals.
- Deepen engagement with existing customers through an in-life content strategy (including marketing, ad-hoc project/comms, reengagement and support content).
- Scope, manage and deliver content projects/campaigns that include multiple deliverables in a variety of formats from various different sources, including creating some content in-house and managing freelancers/agencies.
Ideal experience and skills
- Proven expertise in probing to get to the true heart of a story, and developing multichannel content strategies that connect with the right audiences
- Deep experience of creating, commissioning and editing written content in a commercial/b2b/travel context, and commissioning and developing content in other digital formats (audio, video, graphics)
- Social media and messaging whizz, especially adept at using social channels to reach b2b audiences
- Track record in project management, ensuring all assets are tracked and delivered on time and on budget
- Strong eye for content opportunities: stays aware of what’s going on in the outside world, and how it relates to our story.
- Comfortable discussing and interpreting data, and adjusting content to optimise its performance.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and empathy: understands our audience and the broader competitive landscape, and how our messages are likely to land with different stakeholders.
- Technically minded, familiar with content management systems and technology to assist in content distribution and marketing.
- Highly qualified candidates may also have experience developing live experiences (either scripts for presentations/workshops, or creating content to sit around events/conferences).
The ideal candidate is...
- Creative - relentlessly pursues innovative approaches that cut through in a noisy market
- Empathetic - understands our audience and responds to their hopes and dreams
- Curious - asks lots of questions to understand what we’re trying to achieve
- Results-driven - understands the business impact content is intended to drive, measures its impact, and iterates on content strategy
- Resilient - welcomes feedback on creative strategies, and adapts comfortably to changing priorities
- Detailed - stays organised and takes care of the little things
Check in with us if this sounds like you:
Impala is defining and building a new category in an industry that relies on tech that hasn’t evolved for decades. This means we’re looking for content that’s punchy, relevant and really cuts through with our audience. So if you’re up for a challenge, putting your imagination to work in a way that makes a meaningful difference to the world of travel, this is the role for you.
We’re not the right fit if…
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and being told what to do.
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you.
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture, and here to find out more about our benefits.
More on Remote-first
We like to shout about our remote-first way of working. That’s because it goes to the very heart of who we are: it means we can attract the best talent, no matter where people are based - and allow them to set their own terms so they can do their best work. It allows us to prioritise work-life balance and mental health, while fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).