We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Analytics Engineer role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And it’s not just our product that’s innovative: we’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks - so you can work the way that’s best for you.
We're proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London's best startups to work at in 2022, one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021. With backing from the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and a product that’s attracting global attention, now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer to set up and manage the data pipelines for what will one day be one of the travel industry’s most data-rich businesses.
Impala is at the beginning of an exponential trajectory in hotel booking volumes, and the level of investment in data and reporting across the business is growing to match it. Our Analytics Engineer will take charge of the development of our analytics data warehouse (Google BigQuery), rebuild and optimise our data pipelines to be ready for scale, and have the opportunity to shape the tooling we use across our entire data stack - everything from data transformation tools to visualisation.
Check in with us if this sounds like you:
- You’re an expert with SQL. You’re able to not only write performant code independently, but also spot opportunities to optimise other people’s code.
- You’re competent with Python. You’re able to (at least) build API integrations, and ideally have experience with web scraping and data science libraries.
- You’re willing and able to help non-Data colleagues understand and work with our data warehouse and reporting tools more effectively.
- You have experience of building data transformation processes within a cloud data warehouse (preferably Google BigQuery), using tools such as dbt.
- You have experience ingesting and transforming large (multi-million-row) datasets in an efficient and scalable way.
- You have experience working with data pipeline tools such as Stitch or Fivetran.
- You have experience with a leading data visualisation platform such as Tableau or Looker, preferably having implemented such a tool at your current/previous company.
- You’re somebody who thinks the best way to help somebody is to give them the tools to help themselves.
- You’re curious & business-oriented. You’re not just concerned with technical excellence, but also design data solutions with business needs and opportunities in mind.
- You hate entropy. You’re obsessed with keeping our data warehouse and documentation in a pristine state of repair.
- You’re excited to do analytical work alongside the back-end work. We’re a small team and we’ll need your support across the entire data stack.
We’re not the right fit if…
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and being told what to do.
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you.
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture, and here to find out more about our benefits.
More on Remote-first
We like to shout about our remote-first way of working. That’s because it goes to the very heart of who we are: it means we can attract the best talent, no matter where people are based - and allow them to set their own terms so they can do their best work. It allows us to prioritise work-life balance and mental health, while fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).