Thanks for checking out our job description for an Operations Associate (Contractor) at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Impala?
Impala is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. We’re providing hotels with a powerful data distribution infrastructure that transforms the way hotel guests across the world browse, book, stay and pay. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched our original API product in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points. This has allowed us to bring forward our ambition to revolutionise the hotel distribution market and help empower millions of people across the globe.
We are a growing remote-first team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial who make up a thriving, active, supportive community.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the shared opportunity we have before us - revolutionising a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of a future in which travel is seamlessly connected and relentlessly inventive.
Our vision is that within the next two years 10% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology, and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team extensively within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to grow and scale, both as a service and a community!
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
You will be working with our business operations team optimising, recreating and perfecting the workflows that we build for bookings and onboarding new hotels.
Your main role will be to process our bookings and help us with onboardings, while thinking of strategies to improve our processes and identifying what should change.
You should join us if you:
- Have experience in bookings in OTAs or Hotel's reservations departments
- An ability to work extremely well with others, be approachable, and motivate others to a solution on behalf of our hotels.
- You are able to create a clear workflow modelled out for onboarding hotels and making manual bookings, with clear areas prioritised for improvements and efficiencies
- Background dealing with processes and organising data and the ability to approach problems with an eye on how we solve at scale.
Where will you work?
This is a remote position. This means you can work from anywhere +/- 2 Hours of London timezone (and less than a 3 hour flight).
We are a remote-first company! This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, while also fostering diversity.
We have loads of remote initiatives to ensure every new member of the team is fully set up!
- We provide an additional generous Personalised Workspace Budget for things like monitors, keyboards, desk chairs and headphones.
- We offer an office stipend - you can furnish their home office with a generous £150 monthly stipend (coffee, snacks, wifi bills, cleaning, desk equipment, plus anything in between) or we will pay for a co-working membership near where you live.
- The full engineering team travels once a quarter to meet and socialise with the rest of the engineering team somewhere in Europe.
- We offer a generous Social Budget for you to travel to London-based social events.
- We have a dedicated Remote Experience Manager in the team, whose role is, among other things, to ensure everyone in the team’s happiness, and help them feel integrated and empowered while working remotely.
- We give each new team member a brand new high-spec laptop when they start, with a choice between a Thinkpad or Mac.
Please note, we only accept candidates in Western Europe because of timezone and travel time differences. We make no exceptions (we don’t have time to, unfortunately!).
Due to the onset of Covid-19, we are all currently working fully-remotely. However, we do still require all employees to be within a timezone of +/- 2 hours GMT of the UK. We hope to offer some co-working space to employees later on in the year in London, for those who may wish to use it (Covid-dependent) and stipends are available elsewhere.
What you will get in return?
- We reward Impalans with the most competitive salaries and regular reviews. Whether you're an individual contributor or you want to manage people, there are plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and boost your earning potential. We offer 3.5x the average annual UK raise, even if you remain within the same role.
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for the amount of holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- One Unsick day off per year, to keep up with proactive health admin - so you can finally sort that trip to the dentist and get those health screens that you never have time to do.
- Flexible working hours with Core Hours from 10-3, meaning you can plan your 9 hour work day around your own schedule.
- We invest in your development with a generous £1,000 Professional Development budget per year, and we will support you to realise your potential.
- Fun and inclusive monthly social events, from go-karting to mini golf to karaoke to virtual pub quiz.
- Access to Perkbox.
- Access to Bippit, a financial wellbeing app.
- A super strong and proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing. From Vitality health insurance, to Sanctus, to a monthly gym membership reimbursement, plus heaps more.
- A generous Loved Ones Budget - £750 annually to get your friends & family over to visit you once a year, no matter how near or far from home you are based.
- You'll work for a company that's proactive about its social responsibility within the travel industry.
If your answer is ‘yes’ and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Then simply watch this video to learn more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.