Thanks for checking out our job description for a Technical Support Specialist at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Impala?
Impala is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. We’re providing hotels with a powerful data distribution infrastructure that transforms the way hotel guests across the world browse, book, stay and pay. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched our original API product in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points. This has allowed us to bring forward our ambition to revolutionise the hotel distribution market and help empower millions of people across the globe.
We are a growing remote-first team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial who make up a thriving, active, supportive community.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the shared opportunity we have before us - revolutionising a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of a future in which travel is seamlessly connected and relentlessly inventive.
Our vision is that within the next two years 10% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology, and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team extensively within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to grow and scale, both as a service and a community!
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
Impala is on a mission to become the infrastructure that allows the Travel industry to thrive. As the Technical Support Specialist you’ll be part of our Customer Experience team providing exceptional customer service. This includes working directly with our internal teams to improve our customer experience and working towards faster resolutions.
You should join us if you:
- You are passionate about customer service and consistently work to help the customer be successful.
- You are experienced in technical support using multiple channels (email, phone & chat).
- You are experienced in working with APIs or troubleshooting APIs.
- You possess excellent written skills - simplifying technical language for non-technical users.
- You can represent the customer and their concerns to other teams.
Where will you work?
Our co-located office is based in London. This means you’ll need to be able to travel to central London 2x days a week. Outside of those 2x ‘core’ office days, you’re able to work remotely from home or wherever you please.
We are a remote-first company, with a fully distributed engineering team! This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, while also fostering diversity.
Due to the onset of Covid-19, we are all currently working fully-remotely. However, we do still require all employees to be within a timezone of +/- 2 hours GMT of the UK. We hope to offer some co-working space to employees later on in the year in London, for those who may wish to use it (Covid-dependent) and stipends are available elsewhere.
What you will get in return?
- We reward Impalans with the most competitive salaries and regular reviews. Whether you're an individual contributor or you want to manage people, there are plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and boost your earning potential. We offer 3.5x the average annual UK raise, even if you remain within the same role.
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for the amount of holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- One Unsick day off per year, to keep up with proactive health admin - so you can finally sort that trip to the dentist and get those health screens that you never have time to do.
- Flexible working options. With extended lunch break options, Recess Hour, and loads more.
- We provide a generous Personalised Workspace Budget for things like monitors, keyboards, laptop stands, and headphones. And you’ll receive a brand new high-spec laptop when you start.
- We invest in your development with a generous £1,000 Professional Development budget per year, and we will support you to realise your potential.
- Fun and inclusive monthly social events, from go-karting to mini golf to karaoke to virtual pub quiz.
- Access to Perkbox.
- A super strong and proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing. From Vitality health insurance, to Sanctus, to a monthly gym membership reimbursement, plus heaps more.
If your answer is ‘yes’ and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Then simply watch this video to learn more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.