Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Technical Product Manager at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Impala?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched the product in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a growing team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the opportunity that lies before us - revolutionizing a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across the industry.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team extensively within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to scale up!
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
- Owning the long term vision of the team’s problem space end-to-end.
- Working collaboratively in a team of software engineers to bring the voice of the customer to the table. To achieve this you’ll talk to customers, participate in overarching product strategy, and be responsible for bringing clarity and focus to your problem space.
- Working with a team of software engineers to prioritise the challenges they tackle and make sure everyone understands why their current work addresses customer needs and brings you closer to your vision.
- Collaborating with support and pre-sales engineers to make sure you have a solid understanding of needs to give feedback to your team.
- When faced with questions or ambiguity within your team, you bring clarity and focus to the decision making process. This might be by sourcing data to help or, should that not be possible, doing qualitative customer research.
You should join us if:
- You have mid to senior level experience as Product Manager working for a high growth, rapidly scaling company.
- You are familiar and can comfortably run an agile product development process
- You are used to speaking to customers and users and know how to elicit feedback and make it actionable.
- You are happy with accountability for the end-to-end success of your product.
- You are motivated by making the travel industry a little better!
Nice to haves:
- You have worked on an API.
- You have experience as a software developer.
- You have worked in the travel/hospitality industry.
- You have experience working with a distributed team of engineers.
What you will get in return?
- We reward Impalans with super competitive salaries and regular reviews. Whether you're an individual contributor or you want to manage people, there's plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and boost your earning potential. We offer 3.5x the average annual raise in the UK, even if you remain within the same role.
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- We also offer Impalans one Unsick day off per year, to keep up with proactive health admin - so you can finally sort that trip to the dentist and get those health screens that you never have time to do.
- Sustainable growth and career progression opportunities.
- We invest in your development with a generous annual Professional Development budget, and we will support you to realise your potential.
- Truly flexible working. With extended lunch break options, and the option to come in to the office later in the morning - because who likes commuting?!
- Fun and inclusive monthly social events, from go-karting to mini golf to karaoke, giving Impalans across Europe the chance to catch up and recharge.
- A Community Committee, which ensures all Impalans have a voice in all elements of our community.
- Access to Perkbox - a platform designed to help you to live a better life by personalising, managing, delivering and measuring the best company perks in real-time.
- A super strong and pro-active focus on mental and physical wellbeing. Our Health and Wellbeing scheme offers Impalans a range of options; from Vitality health insurance to a monthly gym membership reimbursement, plus heaps more.
- A banging office Spotify playlist to get you going.
- You’ll be working somewhere that encourages collaboration, is transparent, has a strong focus on wellbeing. We've got meaningful core values which we don't just pay lip service to.
If your answer is yes and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us, and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.