Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Remote Experience Manager at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What Is Impala Now?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a growing team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Why “Remote Experience”?
Impala has an entirely remote engineering team (and a couple of other positions), they live and work from co-working spaces or home offices anywhere that is +/- 2 hours GMT. In the early days of Impala this was how our entire team worked (not just engineering).
We’ve since adopted a model of colocation for non-engineering teams on two days a week in London. We’re still a remote-first company. We believe wholeheartedly that - where possible - working remotely allows people to live where they want and still solve exceptionally complex problems. As such we want to make sure that we maintain the great remote community that we’ve built.
At the same time, we want to make sure that those in remote positions don’t miss out on the social benefits of working and feel a part of the team. We’ve made great strides into making sure this is the case and now that we scale, we’re looking for someone dedicated to this role.
Where Is Impala Going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to scale up!
What Will You Be Doing?
- You will create and action initiatives to support our remote team in every part of their working life (and even in some places where that crosses over to their social lives).
- You will be the first point of contact for our remote teams, addressing any issues that they have, helping them arrange co-working spaces and remote-team meetups.
- You will travel to where our remote team members are to conduct secondary (remote) onboarding after their in-person week here in London.
- You will work with our Marketing and Talent teams, creating content to ensure that Impala is the first place in Europe people think of when they think about working remotely.
You should join us if:
- You are someone that’s extremely outgoing and loves meeting new people. You’ll in some cases be helping people settle into a new location.
- You are willing to travel 50% at short notice. You’ll likely live near a major airport or airports.
- You are extremely organised. You’ll be planning, arranging and organising.
- You have experience writing great, interesting copy or content.
Where Will You Work?
This is a remote position (all of our engineering team and some of our other staff members are distributed). This means you can work from anywhere +/- 2 Hours of London, timezone wise (and less than a 3 hour flight). As part of that:
- We offer an office stipend (you can furnish a home office or choose a coworking space near you).
- We give you an additional significant start-up equipment budget for things like monitors, keyboards, headphones etc.
- You’ll travel once a quarter to meet the rest of the engineering team somewhere in Europe.
- You’ll have a budget to travel to team socials if you’d like to meet everyone in person more frequently.
Please note, we only accept candidates in Western Europe because of timezone and travel time differences. We make no exceptions (we don’t have time to!).
What do you get in return?
- We’re in the top 14% of companies in the UK for holiday that we offer, at 36 days.
- We also offer Impalans one Unsick day per year.
- Impala believes that great people should be able to focus on developing mastery of their skills, even if they don’t want to manage people. Here you’ll be able to access 3.5x the average annual raise, even staying in the same role.
- We invest in your development and will support you to realise your potential.
- We offer an extended lunch break option, meaning you can take an extra hour lunch break, and we trust you to make up for it later in the day.
- Perkbox. A platform designed to help you to live a better life by personalising, managing, delivering and measuring the best company perks in real-time.
- Monthly Impala Social events, ranging from Go-Karting, to Social Darts, to Mini-Golf.
- Flexible working days and the ability to work from home in the morning, to avoid morning commutes.
- Our Health & Wellbeing Scheme offers you the option of a monthly gym membership reimbursement each month, or a health food voucher each month; access to Headspace; Vitality health insurance (UK only); plus the chance to win a massage monthly. Plus loads more.
- You’ll be working somewhere that encourages collaboration, is transparent, has a strong focus on wellbeing, and doesn’t just pay lip service to it’s Core Values.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.
If your answer is yes and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us, and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM