Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Installations Engineer at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What Is Impala Now?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a team 20 exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where Is Impala Going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year.
What Will I Be Doing?
Brace yourself for some bullet points:
- You will be preparing and carrying out installation of Impala products at hotels remotely.
- You will help hotels troubleshoot issues that they may have with their underlying systems that may prevent Impala’s installation.
- You will liaise with customers where our products are hosted remotely by us to ensure that we have the information that we need.
- You will work with our Product teams to help make the process of installing Impala less manual in the future.
What Sort of Person Are You Looking For?
- Someone with experience of remote software installation and troubleshooting.
- Someone with experience of liaising with customers to achieve best results.
- Ideally, a candidate with hospitality and Property Management System experience.
- Someone that’s a creative problem solver.
Where Will I Work?
This is a remote position (all of our engineering team and some of our other staff members are distributed). This means you can work from anywhere +/- 2 Hours of London, timezone wise (and less than a 3 hour flight). As part of that:
- We offer an office stipend (you can furnish a home office or choose a coworking space near you).
- We give you an additional significant start-up equipment budget for things like monitors, keyboards, headphones etc.
- You’ll travel once a quarter to meet the rest of the engineering team somewhere in Europe.
- You’ll have a budget to travel to team socials if you’d like to meet everyone in person more frequently.
Please note, we only accept candidates in Western Europe because of timezone and travel time differences. We make no exceptions (we don’t have time to!).
What Do You Offer In Return?
As a member of the Impala team, you’ll have access to:
- Working with some of the best and brightest minds in their field, helping you to achieve the best that you can.
- A culture that celebrates success, reliability and building a great community.
- A top of market salary. If you’re truly great, we’ll pay what we need to.
- Equity in an honest-to-god-could-buy-a-yacht-later company. Travel is a huge industry and infrastructure is a huge part of that.
- A minimum of 36 days paid holiday per year. Unlimited holiday means you never take it, we just decided to give you a lot.
- A professional development budget. That we make sure you spend with frequent PD sessions.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Health and wellbeing scheme. Including access to Headscape, Meditation/Stress management, Massage Lottery, Health Food Voucher etc.
- A bunch of great benefits, like private health insurance, cheaper gym membership, cycle-to-work scheme, an everlasting friendship with the author of this post, annual “un-sick” day and many more.
More About Impala
If you’re really, really, really, really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do and our culture.
For more information on what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.
You can also check out getimpala.com for more information about what we’re doing.