Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Chief Of Staff at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What Is Impala Now?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where Is Impala Going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year.
What Will I Be Doing?
Brace yourself for some bullet points:
- You will work on specific, vital projects that require both broad and deep knowledge of high-growth technology startups. Whether that’s spearheading the outreach and hiring of important hires or rethinking our approach to OKRs and meeting rhythmics.
- You will represent the CEO in both internal and external meetings, lending weight with your knowledge, experience and position where stakeholders may need that reassurance and the CEO isn’t able to attend.
- You will take the lead on our quarterly reporting framework (OKRs), ensuring that we are tracking to the model and that all departments are well prepared to both report, track and align objectives.
- You spend time each day with the CEO and report to him directly to organise and address the biggest pressing issues of the day.
What Sort of Person Are You Looking For?
- Someone with significant experience in a high-growth technology startup. You will have to understand the speed with which we are growing.
- Someone that is technical. Impala is a product-first developer tool and you’ll have to understand the implications of that.
- Someone that has either led an entire business unit or previously been the VP Ops/COO within a company.
- Someone with a very high EQ and that is highly collaborative. You’ll be working very closely with and often have the reporting line of senior team members on specific projects.
What Do You Offer In Return?
As a member of the Impala team, you’ll have access to:
- Working with some of the best and brightest minds in their field, helping you to achieve the best that you can.
- A culture that celebrates success, reliability and building a great community.
- A top of market salary. If you’re truly great, we’ll pay what we need to.
- Equity in an honest-to-god-could-buy-a-yacht-later company. Travel is a huge industry and infrastructure is a huge part of that.
- A minimum of 36 days paid holiday per year. Unlimited holiday means you never take it, we just decided to give you a lot.
- A professional development budget. That we make sure you spend with frequent PD sessions.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Health and wellbeing scheme. Including access to Headscape, Meditation/Stress management, Massage Lottery, Health Food Voucher etc.
- A bunch of great benefits, like private health insurance, cheaper gym membership, cycle-to-work scheme, an everlasting friendship with the author of this post, annual “un-sick” day and many more.
More About Impala
If you’re really, really, really, really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do and our culture.
For more information on what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.
You can also check out getimpala.com for more information about what we’re doing.