Thanks for taking a look at the job description for Head of Marketing at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionizing” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What Is Impala Now?
Impala makes building travel software incredibly easy. We provide hotels with a powerful data management platform that makes connecting to software, hardware and room distributors extremely easy. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
We are a team 20 exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial that have built a fantastic community.
Where Is Impala Going?
We’re supported by some of the best investors in the business, the early stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago and more. They’re on board because of our vision - revolutionizing a $1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
Within the next two years, 25% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team to 50 people within the next year.
What Will I Be Doing?
Brace yourself for some bullet points:
- Building the marketing team and function of a company that has multiple layers of complexity in what messaging has to be directed to which external stakeholder at what time.
- Overseeing the Go-To-Market of our products, making sure they're well messaged and communicated to the right target segments.
- Developing a consistent brand and brand strategy that articulates our mission, values and ethos to the technology and travel worlds.
- Working with the Product and Sales teams to develop to help make our products exceptionally powerful tools for our customers to solve problems.
- Building a thought leadership strategy within travel technology. We're out there on the leading edge of this industry and we need to talk about it with more clarity and more purpose.
- Overseeing a growth marketing strategy that takes into account the variety of non-standard channels on which we have to market and communicate.
It’s an incredibly greenfield role for the right person.
What Sort of Person Are You Looking For?
- Someone that has held a Head of Marketing/CMO/VP Marketing position in the past and has built an incredible brand at a startup previously.
- Someone that has managed and led people before.
- Someone with experience in B2B marketing, preferably in deep technology.
- You will not be a digital marketer or a content marketer or a performance marketer. You will be someone that’s always inclined to use the right tool for the job.
What Do You Offer In Return?
As a member of the Impala team, you’ll have access to:
- Working with some of the best and brightest minds in their field, helping you to achieve the best that you can.
- A culture that celebrates success, reliability and building a great community.
- A top of market salary. If you’re truly great, we’ll pay what we need to.
- Equity in an honest-to-god-could-buy-a-yacht-later company. Travel is a huge industry and infrastructure is a huge part of that.
- A minimum of 36 days paid holiday per year. Unlimited holiday means you never take it, we just decided to give you a lot.
- A professional development budget. That we make sure you spend with frequent PD sessions.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Health and wellbeing scheme. Including access to Headspace, Meditation/Stress management, Massage Lottery, Health Food Voucher).
- A bunch of other great benefits, like private health insurance, cheaper gym membership, cycle-to-work scheme, an everlasting friendship with the author of this post, annual “un-sick” day and many more.
More About Impala
If you’re really, really, really, really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do and our culture.
For more information on what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.
You can also check out getimpala.com for more information about what we’re doing.