If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
As a PHP developer you are part of Web Development team, within the Marketing department.
The team uses WordPress as a part of the stack but also follows general web development industry best practices. This includes among others version control for active collaboration, automated builds and deployments across dev, staging and production environments and a modular web design system.
You would focus primarily on building additional backend functionality using PHP libraries, frameworks or custom-built solutions. This work will not be on many different sites (digital agency style) but rather focused on Impact’s main site and some subsidiary company websites. This long term ownership allows us to strive for increasing levels of quality, innovation and improvements.
What you'll do:
- Develop backend features using primarily PHP:
- Duty Statement: Extend Impact’s custom WordPress theme with custom solutions, 3rd party libraries, frameworks, or other fitting solutions.
- Duty Statement: Maintaining existing and new integrations with 3rd party SaaS vendors.
- Duty Statement: Developing solutions that keep performance and end-user experience in mind.
- Own the WordPress backend codebase:
- Duty Statement: Build custom WordPress shortcodes or plugins for newly created custom features.
- Duty Statement: Extend, maintain and/or replace current WordPress plugins.
- Duty Statement: Implement WordPress development best practices (theme development, WP API usage, WP DB additions, custom post types, etc).
- Implement continuous improvements to codebase/environment:
- Duty Statement: Improve and extend the build process to allow additional automation that allows time savings and quality improvements.
- Duty Statement: Monitor and analyze site performance (server load, response times, etc) to optimise page loading speeds and other performance metrics.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and configure cloud server:
- Duty Statement: Engage with PaaS vendor to maintain, troubleshoot and configure cloud-based servers.
- Duty Statement: Maintain and improve website security based on industry best practices.
What You Have:
- Relevant degree, diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years web development experience.
- Solid understanding of PHP (JS, HTML, CSS beneficial).
- SQL (MySQL)
- WordPress Theme and/or Plugin development experience
- Version control experience (Git)
- Integrations via API
- Build processes (Gulp)
- Experience using PHP’s composer package manager
- Understanding of Gitflow
- Experience doing Peer Review via Pull Requests
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Ability to work independently, without direction or supervision.
- Devotion to quality.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Stock Options
- 4-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Casual work environment
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.