If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Why this role is exciting:
The Technology department is responsible for delivering and operating a state of the art technology platform for our global customers. We have more than 100 people in roles across software engineering, QA, DevOps and TechOps across 7 offices and 4 countries.
Work in a fast-growing, global company to build, operate, scale and improve our Technology group. Our goal is to build an incredible organization where people want to work, only the best can work, where we deliver features with high quality in an efficient and timely manner, and operate the best tech platform in the world. To do this we need to constantly strive for improvements in people’s skills, processes and tools as well as great coordination and management of key initiatives.
- Lead and manage various projects under direction from Senior Director of Engineering and engineering leadership
- Effectively run meetings with various stakeholders across different GEOs - including follow up to ensure tasks are completed
- Establish career paths within the Technology dept. in conjunction with HR, including standardizing on titles and establish a consistent interview process
- Establish proper compensation banding across different levels of engineers and roles in the South African context
- Establish, educate and ensure adoption of various processes and best practices throughout the department (e.g., on-call schedules, monitoring & alerting)
- Establish consistency and proper level of software documentation across the core functions of the platform
- Work with the various teams to establish KPIs and consistent tracking of these over time
- Responsible for providing results of monthly capitalized cost process to finance
- Attend post mortems of sprints and ensure improvement points are captured and acted on immediately (if low cost) or methodically packaged into larger improvement OKRs
- Work closely with Senior Director of Engineering and tech leaders as well as product and FP&A to optimize resource allocations across the department
- Administer the Tech dept. involvement in the company’s planning cycle as well as the product planning processes.
- Administer the Tech dept. operating cycle including check-ins on OKR progress
- Administer P1 post mortems and catalog root causes for prioritization
- Administer any continuous improvement initiatives such as ensuring proper cataloging of PIPs and in the context of planning identifying patterns that should be addressed in the next operating cycle.
- Oversee / keep track / drive of the tech groups access to voice of the customer and direct customer engagement
- Act as replacement resource to the extent the Senior Director of Engineering is not available for a meeting
- Maintain close working relationships with Product and status of beta feature timelines, Client Commitment requests, roadmap changes.
- Assist the Senior Director of Engineering and tech leads with ensuring strong benchmarking and review on engineering personnel performance and suggest training or transition to different role or out
- Administer and support the tech budgeting process working directly with FP&A and CTO
- Review Technology Dept.'s SaaS tools on a quarterly basis for actual need, cost and adoption
- Administer efforts around market awareness to improve recruitment in South Africa
Does this sound like you?
- Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Startup or Internet business experience is valuable
- Experience in using and contributing to open source projects
- Java programming experience
- Work with remote teams earning their respect by having a great attitude and continuously delivering high-quality interactions
- Advise your own team members on all aspects of software development and core business objectives.
- Learn the partnership automation business, know our competitors.
- Question unsatisfactory product or engineering decisions but charge forward when a decision is finalized.
- Become an extension of the Senior Director of Engineering and engineering leaders to help build and operate a world class Tech organization.
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position will be based in Cape Town post Covid-19 and welcomes anyone who is interested in relocating.