If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Impact, your key responsibilities will carry a dual mandate, being to deliver the highest quality software to our end users while simultaneously ensuring the persistence of the quality standard by means of automated regression. This is a rare opportunity in QA to have a direct influence on the quality of our software through every phase of the feature delivery workflow. This role will fully encompass all responsibilities associated with the Quality Assurance complement for a designated squad.
The applicant who is ultimately successful will be expected to scrutinize new features with a high attention to detail and document the methodology utilised in the form of a detailed test plan containing the respective test cases specific to the feature. Upon successful deployment of the feature, the scenarios detailed in the test plan are then to be automated using Java and selenium webdriver.
The person filling this role will also be mandated with conducting the regression testing phase of the deployment workflow process and reporting on results timeously. The successful candidate will partner closely with software Development Engineers and Product Managers to understand product requirements as well as functionality for developing appropriate build scripts, test plans and test cases.
What You'll Do:
- Accountable for Automation Testing
- Accountable for creating, configuring and maintaining a suite of automated regressions tests & their environment
- Test Planning & Analysis of Requirements
- Sign-off on manually scripted test cases
- Review and action pull requests
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the SDLC.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Testing will include functional and nonfunctional, integration, regression, system, smoke and sanity testing (minimum)
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent re-occurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Formulate and design software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Create test tools that facilitate data gathering and test method execution.
- Support manufacturing by verifying fixture software or any software used during production.
- Support clinical studies by validating data collection processes.
- Participate in risk management meetings.
- Scripting of test cases against manually scripted test cases / TestRail
- Run regression tests against the applications then diagnose & report all issues
- Implement automated tests using a Selenium framework
- Defect Management
- Implement scripts and server configurations for automated build and testing environments
- Provide reports and procedures on Automation runs & progress
- Reporting and tracking test metrics such as test and code coverage
- Ensure QA automated test framework is documented, with focus on continuity
What You Have:
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
- At least 4 years experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Bachelor's Degree/BTEC
- At least 2+ years of experience in RESTful APIs
- At least 4 years of test automation experience: Selenium, Jasmine, POM, Cucumber
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies (Pref)
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Stock Options
- 4-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Casual work environment
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.