At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real-world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting!
As a Java Engineer, you’ll be working within a fast-paced, agile scrum team and building Real Time Data Integration processes at-scale. You’ll strive to master many of the industry’s cutting-edge technologies to build highly scalable solutions to fuel Impact’s growth.
We work with many of the world’s best-known brands - you will be directly building the product we are selling to these companies
What you will be doing:
This is a Java and Scala development role. First and foremost you will be writing code developing our data integration features that are at the core of our product. As a member of our Data Platform squad, you will build and maintain features processing massive amounts of data with tools in the Hadoop ecosystem: Java, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Impala, Kudu, HDFS, HBase and/or GCP ecosystem: DataProc, Pub/Sub, BigTable, BigQuery, etc…
Does this sound like you?
- Diploma or B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- Strong Java or Scala coding skills
- Fundamental understanding of object-oriented programming and/or functional programming
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Required experience in
- 2+ years of Java or Scala development experience
- Git (or other source control systems)
- SQL expertise, MySQL or another RDBMS, Oracle
- Bash, Groovy or other Linux scripting
- Unix experience required
- Nice to have experience with
- Spark, and especially Spark Streaming
- Kafka or Pub/Sub experience (alternatively any message bus experience)
- Distributed data platforms, such as Hadoop
- Development experience on Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, etc.
- CI/CD (Jenkins, or others)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Catered lunch every week, a healthy snack bar, and great coffee to keep you fueled
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high-velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.