If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Affluent was acquired by Impact in March, 2021. Affluent is the world’s leading affiliate reporting solution for affiliate agencies and advertisers. Affluent provides clients with unified access to their data, empowering them to make better decisions, scale their businesses, and broaden their reach in the partnership economy. Affluent powers global agencies like Gen3, PartnerCentric, Streamline Marketing, Thoughtmix and many more. Founded in 2018, Affluent has grown rapidly and developed a loyal user base. Affluent maintains an entrepreneurial atmosphere and is looking for individuals who are looking to grow with Affluent and the team.
Your Role at Affluent:
Affluent aggregates data from dozens of third-party marketing platforms, standardizes and aggregates that data, and then provides it back to clients for analysis, reporting, alerts and more.
The team at the core of our technology is the Data & Integrations team. The Data & Integrations team is responsible for Affluent’s ETL engine and is tasked with building and maintaining our integrations, data architecture, and data processes.
As a Backend Engineer on this team, your focus will be on delivering tasks for the team, monitoring production environments and managing deployments to production. This role assumes that you are able to utilize the latest features of a language and can effectively select and implement the right design pattern to solve problems independently. You will have experience implementing integration tests, be comfortable working with CI and confidently reuse existing frameworks.
At this level you are expected to have an understanding of the business requirements of all stories in the sprint, implement stories on existing cloud infrastructure and services and independently implement agreed design to spec. You should feel comfortable escalating appropriately. You are also expected to help team members with implementation
What You'll Do:
- Develop, test and maintain software for the Platform
- Build meaningful unit, functional and integration level tests for the software built
- Develop code both independently and while pair programming
- Write and maintain design, user and test documentation
- Become familiar with technologies used on the squad
- Perform triage functionality through verification and fixing of bugs
- Build customer and non customer facing code.
- Support software testing and quality assurance processes to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Keep technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable
- Review business needs, requirements, technical specifications
- Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Mentor and give guidance to less senior staff to grow careers
- Perform code reviews
- Approve pull requests
- Perform point releases
- Maintain build- and stage stability
- Research and prototype new technologies
- Design software solutions
What You Have:
- Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years Software Development
- 3+ years experience working with Node.js, Express, Jest and related technologies
- Experience with APIs and web scraping
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, Table design, SQL
- TDD experience
- Continuous Integration / Delivery methods, tooling, integrations
- Experience working with Large Scale processing
- Experience in monitoring, alerting and production support
- Exposure and experience in any Google Cloud technology highly desired
Work and Team Environment:
Due to current restrictions/advisories from the government all of our teams are working completely remotely. While we miss working together in the office, we also aim to keep every one of our employees and our community healthy and are committed to re-opening our collaborative spaces in a safe manner as soon as (and not before!) it is responsible to do so. Impact is still growing during this time and as we do we are adapting to the new challenges set before us by listening to our customers and our co-workers first at all times.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Weekly catered lunches, a healthy snack bar, and phenomenal coffee to keep you fueled
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties and other events to celebrate our many successes.
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.