If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
As a BI Engineer I, you are enthusiastic about organising data and the prospect of supporting insights in a dynamic, fast growing business. The role assumes that you have an understanding of all aspects of Business Intelligence (Source Data layer, ETL, Data Warehousing and Visualisation).
At this level you are expected to have an understanding of the business requirements of all stories in the sprint, doing the modelling and implementation without supervision, using the agreed-upon standards of the team. You should feel comfortable escalating appropriately, collaborating with your peers and contributing to standards that will uplift the quality of the work produced in the team.
You will be expected to facilitate discussions with business stakeholders when soliciting requirements and drive the design & implementation. You will also help with environment setup and onboarding of new members.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, test and maintain reporting features using SQL with minimal input
- Develop, test and maintain pipelines using SQL with minimal input
- Collaborate with the team to fulfill department’s quarterly OKRs
- Write and maintain design, user and test documentation
- Communicate cross squad via slack, email, JIRA and zoom
- Analyze reporting requirements and participate in tech design
- Analyze any job failure, fix the code and log tickets as necessary in JIRA
- Participate in knowledge sharing and contribute to team’s documentation library
- Be able to identify data points for test cases and perform tests before releasing to production
- Be able to manage data in the cloud
- Effective knowledge of star schemas
- Perform data quality analysis
- Gain and maintain enough understanding of The Business to deliver effective solutions
- Facilitate discussions with business stakeholders when soliciting requirements and drive the
design & implementation
- Become familiar with performance optimisation across different databases
- Become familiar with cloud pipelines
- Become familiar with Impact databases
- Begin to contribute to design conversations in tech design for new features and enhancement
What You Have:
- 1+ Years experience with SQL and dimensional modelling
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Self starter
- Highly curious
- Personal Development
- Must be a fast learner and have a positive can do attitude
- Desire to work with Cloud, Big Data and surrounding Technologies
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and Table design
- Agile / Iterative processes. Kanban / Scrum
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Stock Options
- 4-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Casual work environment
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position will be based in Cape Town post Covid-19 and welcomes anyone who is interested in relocating.