At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, you get to work with fun and talented people solving cutting edge marketing challenges with technology, and advance your career, this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation and catalyst for the new Partnership Economy. Impact accelerates enterprise growth by scaling discovery, recruitment, onboarding, engagement and optimization of all types of partnerships. Impact’s Partnership CloudTM provides automation for the full partnership life cycle; confident decision making and optimization through measurement and attribution; and protection from fraud. Impact drives revenue growth for global enterprises such as Cabela’s, Fanatics, Getty Images, Lenovo, Levi’s, Techstyle and Ticketmaster. Founded in Santa Barbara, CA in 2008, Impact has grown to over 400 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
As an Engineer at Impact, working on the Big Data platform, you will work on the latest technologies building features that enable the large-scale processing of data supporting products. You will be part of an Agile / Scrum team and will mentor / lead others where applicable.
- Design, implement, write tests, QA, & deploy applications on Impact’s data analytics platform
- Become familiar with the Cloudera technology stack: Spark, HDFS, HBase, Impala, Kudu, Kafka, etc
- Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Perform data quality analysis and introduce monitors and alerts to maintain it
- Collaborate with the team to fulfill the department's quarterly objectives
- Assist systems group with database and other infrastructure upgrades (sometimes off-hours/weekends)
- Become intimately familiar with Cloud solutions such as Google and Amazon
- Gain & maintain enough understanding of our business and industry to deliver effective solutions
- Help ensure best practices and technologies are used in the department
Does this sound like you?
- Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working on Big Data Solutions (strongly preferred)
- Startup or Internet business experience is valuable
- Experience in using and contributing to open source projects
- Java programming experience
- Experience writing scala code
- GitHub Account with showcased work / samples / contributions (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with Large Data Volumes - Terabytes to Petabytes (preferred)
- Experience working tools such as Spark, HDFS, Impala, HBase and Kafka
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!