At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, you get to work with fun and talented people solving cutting edge marketing challenges with technology, and advance your career, this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation and catalyst for the new Partnership Economy. Impact accelerates enterprise growth by scaling discovery, recruitment, onboarding, engagement and optimization of all types of partnerships. Impact’s Partnership CloudTM provides automation for the full partnership life cycle; confident decision making and optimization through measurement and attribution; and protection from fraud. Impact drives revenue growth for global enterprises such as Cabela’s, Fanatics, Getty Images, Lenovo, Levi’s, Techstyle and Ticketmaster. Founded in Santa Barbara, CA in 2008, Impact has grown to over 400 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
The Billing Manager will oversee the entire billing process, ensuring correct billing engine configurations, accurate and completeness of invoicing - including handover from onboarding, oversees any manual work for global accounts on billing including non-routine invoicing. You will support the Financial Director in driving new initiatives in the management of billing that contribute to long-term operational excellence. We would like the ideal candidate to be familiar with all accounting procedures and be able to manage daily end-to-end financial transactions. If you have previous experience managing invoicing and managing the billing process, we’d like to meet you.
Does this sound like you?
- Tertiary level qualification in Accounting/Commerce
- CA(SA) / CIMA will be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Revenue Management / Invoicing Controls or comparable role.
- International tax knowledge will be advantageous
- Experience assisting Team Managers in handling escalated calls to resolution.
- US GAAP experience will be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively facilitate and communicate through influence and negotiation at executive and operational levels of the organization
You will be responsible to ensure:
- Ensuring all contracts and / or invoices are billed timeously in accordance with the contracts
- Ensuring all possible revenue is billed through the various billing systems and all adjustments are processed timeously
- Ensuring all credit notes are processed in the month with the necessary approvals obtained
- Ensuring indirect taxes on invoices are accurate and complete
- Create, execute and report on the effectiveness of the billing process and implement controls where necessary
- Engage and support the finance team to drive effective planning and analysis, and develop strong execution plans against customer contracts and billing process
- Ensure invoicing compliance with local regulations and customer requirements
- Analyzing of the billing data to ensure the information is complete, accurate and valid
- Ensuring the revenue recognized from the invoices are complete, accurate and in accordance with US GAAP
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex billing issues and ensuring that contracts are in line with finance requirements
- Ensuring that reconciliations between invoices, contracts and commissions are done
- Medical Aid & Provident Fund
- Unlimited leave
- Coffee & cereal
- Free lunch on Thursdays
- Casual work environment
- Games room
- Flat Structure
- Free parking
- Development & training
Do you want to join our ever-growing team?
We’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Financial Manager - Global & Invoicing Manager - Impact" and we will connect with you shortly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.