At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates...we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including; onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 450 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
As an Engineer at Impact, working on the Big Data platform, you will work on the latest technologies building features that enable the large-scale processing of data supporting products. You will be part of an Agile / Scrum team and will mentor / lead others where applicable.Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, write tests, QA, & deploy applications on Impact’s data analytics platform
- Become familiar with the Cloudera technology stack: Spark, HDFS, HBase, Impala, Kudu, Kafka, etc
- Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Perform data quality analysis and introduce monitors and alerts to maintain it
- Collaborate with the team to fulfill the department's quarterly objectives
- Assist systems group with database and other infrastructure upgrades (sometimes off-hours/weekends)
- Become intimately familiar with Cloud solutions such as Google and Amazon
- Gain & maintain enough understanding of our business and industry to deliver effective solutions
- Help ensure best practices and technologies are used in the department
- Does this sound like you?
- Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5+ years professional experience in a software engineering role
- Experience working on Big Data Solutions (strongly preferred)
- Startup or Internet business experience is valuable
- Experience in using and contributing to open source projects
- Experience writing scala code
- GitHub Account with showcased work / samples / contributions (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with Large Data Volumes - Terabytes to Petabytes (preferred)
- Experience working tools such as Spark, HDFS, Impala, HBase and Kafka
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.