At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
As a Senior DBA at Impact, you will work with the latest technologies that enable near-realtime processing of datasets in the Terabytes to Petabytes range and the exciting challenges that come with working with massive amounts of data. You will have the freedom to experiment with the latest technologies with the ultimate goal of scaling our systems linearly. If you have great ideas and like to think outside the box, we will encourage it and support you, giving you the tools to be successful as we scale Impact. At Impact, your career path is yours to shape, as we encourage cross training into other technologies.
- Administer and support multiple MySQL database instances in a sharded environment
- Manage database capacity and usage. Pro-active capacity planning.
- Monitor and optimise database performance
- Develop backup and recovery procedures
- Essential Database administration - install, configure, upgrade, backup, partitioning and monitoring of databases
- Work with developers during application development life cycle in the design and planning of schema, tables, data types, indexes, procedures and functions
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and database risks
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Production Database Administrator
- Experience with MySQL / Percona Server 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 8.0 / TokuDB 5.7
- Experience with Infobright
- 3+ years of experience in writing Linux shell scripts, perl scripts, Python etc.
- Experience with High Availability MySQL/Percona environments
- Experience working with Large Data Volumes - Terabytes to Petabytes
- Strong understanding of InnoDB and InnoDB tuning.
- Experience working with MongoDB, Clickhouse, Percona XtraDB Cluster, CloudSpanner, AWS Aurora, Puppet, Terraform
- Practical experience working with other database systems like Impala/Kudu/HBase (Cloudera/Hortonworks)
- Experience working with and/or understanding of streaming data systems or ETL's
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Unlimited leave
- Phenomenal coffee & cereal
- Free lunch on Thursdays
- Casual work environment
- Games room
- Yummy snacks every Friday
- Free parking
- Development & training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.