Role: UX Designer
At Impact, our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, you get to work with fun and talented people solving cutting-edge marketing challenges with technology, and advance your career, this is the place for you. Impact operates globally with offices worldwide in New York, Columbus, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, London, Cape Town, Singapore, Shanghai, and Sydney.
Work with us to prevent fraud on web and mobile apps. Engineering teams on Forensiq (product of Impact, Inc.) use cutting-edge fraud detection algorithms to stop malicious users and bad apps. Its API responds lightning fast and its platform processes TBs of data daily across the globe. We are highly collaborative, ambitious and hard-working engineers and data scientists who are committed to building quality software to improve online integrity.
The UX Designer contributes both to the product specification and product implementation processes at Impact. The majority of time is spent in implementing new features into the UI and working with Product team to own the implementation of the UI.
The position participates in the different squads as a UX Designer as well as works with the product team by participating in the daily product scrums and working on specific workflows/wireframes/mocks to address improvements to workflows. The position is a champion for agile UX processes.
Main Purpose and Essential Functions of the Job:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Work closely with and incorporate feedback from UX Manager
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Analyze user data and use it to drive design decisions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Work within Agile/Scrum process to develop software and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Design UI mockups and wireframes for new features to address improvements to workflows or new features as assigned by the product team
- Continuously optimize user-friendliness and client-side performance of existing features
- Maintain a keen eye for clean, elegant design with close attention to detail and pixel-perfect implementation across all major browsers
- Design interfaces which meet the diverse needs of customers across devices and platforms
- Suggest user experience enhancements and come up with ideas for improvement to screens and workflows.
- Proactively improve your understanding of web technologies and best practices with guidance from UX Manager
- Design innovative user interface designs in response to business needs, user analysis, product innovation and product improvement.
- Contribute to the global design patterns - conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
- Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to product managers, qa, sales, marketing and engineers.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
- Advocate a user-centered design approach.
Collaborates Internally with:
Collaborate and work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Support, QA team, Sales and Marketing.
Collaborates Externally with:
Interview and gather feedback from Customers
Key Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expert knowledge of Impact product range
- Work with UX tools such as InVision, Balsamiq, Sketch
- Conduct customer interviews and gather feedback and iterate designs (User-centred design)
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions
- Mastery of user centered design principles and practices.
- Mastery of interaction design, creating wireframes, user workflows, and prototypes
- Experience working on large-scale complex Saas Platforms
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of software development process.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k), Flexible spending accounts
- Unlimited Responsible PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference
- Catered lunch weekly, healthy snacks, and assorted beverages to keep you fueled
- Employee-led culture team that plans happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate success
- Established company with cool, fast-paced work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.