At Impact, our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, you get to work with fun and talented people solving cutting-edge marketing challenges with technology, and advance your career, this is the place for you. Impact operates globally with offices worldwide in New York, Columbus, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, London, Cape Town, Singapore, Shanghai, and Sydney.
Engineering teams at Forensiq (subsidiary of Impact, Inc.) tackle many challenging software design and implementation problems. Our distributed platform incorporates cutting-edge fraud detection techniques—we stop online advertising fraud. The platform processes TBs of data daily; handles very low latency response times (< 10ms) while being available across the globe. We are a highly collaborative group of ambitious and hard-working engineers and data scientists who are committed to building high-quality software that shapes our products.
Why this role is exciting
You are a member of our highly collaborative engineering team. Your mission is to ensure our platform can deliver and process data reliably at scale. You have experience with designing and building distributed systems; you aspire to be an expert in the field; you enjoy collaboration across all abstraction layers; you obsess about quality.
- You will envision system features by analyzing business and requirements.
- Prioritize and plan for work according to those requirements.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new or existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Assist in identifying, classifying and resolving bugs and advanced support cases.
- Collaborate with technical operations to ensure the production system runs smoothly.
- Embrace change. We learn as we go and adjust our plans accordingly.
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language and shell scripting.
- Java or Scala experience (with Hadoop, Spark, HBase) preferred.
- Knowledge of distributed systems preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of Computer Science principles and fundamentals, namely algorithms, data structures and their complexity.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Ability to adapt and focus on the simplest, most efficient and reliable solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunch every Friday, a healthy snack bar, and great coffee to keep you fueled
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high-velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!