imo is a global messaging platform based in Palo Alto, California, and was founded and funded by one of the first ten employees at Google. Our current team consists of TopCoders, ACM ICPC World Finalists, and medalists of the International Olympiads in Informatics. We work on challenging projects that we choose from the ground up that have direct impact on our 200-million monthly-active users.
We are currently seeking an experienced product manager to join imo in the mobile application and messaging space to help continue building our products, work cross-functionally with our engineering teams, and innovate features as we continue to scale our platform. You’ll become the internal voice of our revenue-generating products by focusing on synthesizing external research, internal analytics, and cross-functional team feedback into a long-term product vision and near-term execution plan. This is a great opportunity to be an early employee at a fast growing company.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Lead metrics analysis, data insights and experimentation to inform product decisions
- Gather requirements, develop product specifications, and execute against them
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Understand imo’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Plan and launch products that help our products generate revenue, while being conscientious and cautious of impacts on core user experience
- BS/MS/PhD or relevant experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Experience in conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
- Understanding of the technical architecture of mobile applications, designing user interfaces and mobile products
- Extensive knowledge of international markets
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on mobile software products and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, sign-on bonus and stock options
- $500/month housing stipend for living within a five-mile radius of the office
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year (plus paid holidays and sick days)
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to a concierge medical group
- Catered lunch or dinner daily and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Data plan reimbursement
- Gym membership at Equinox
- Yearly conference stipend
- imo-sponsored team events and outings