imo is a global messaging platform based in Palo Alto, California, and was founded and funded by one of the first ten employees at Google. Our current team consists of TopCoders, ACM ICPC World Finalists, and medalists of the International Olympiads in Informatics. We work on challenging projects that we choose from the ground up that have direct impact on our 200-million monthly-active users.
We are currently seeking machine learning engineers who are interested in working directly with our company founder and CEO building out and developing our machine learning initiatives. This is a great opportunity to be an early employee at a fast growing company.
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- PhD in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, sign-on bonus and stock options
- $500/month housing stipend for living within a five-mile radius of the office
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year (plus paid holidays and sick days)
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to a concierge medical group
- Catered lunch or dinner daily and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Data plan reimbursement
- Gym membership at Equinox
- Yearly conference stipend
- imo-sponsored team events and outings