It's a hugely exciting time to join the process development team and you can be part of shaping it! As Immunocore evolves from a research company to a fully-fledged Research > Development & Commercial organisation the candidate transition team sits squarely in the middle of that opportunity.
**We're looking for proven industry experience**
Associate IC3: £22,000 - £30,000
Scientist IC4: £27,000 - £39,000
You will conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
- Following experimental protocols and writing reports
- Planning and carrying out priorities, with guidance from line manager or other team members.
- Regular reporting on progress of work verbally and in writing.
- Worked in a bench-based microbial, biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical or biopharmaceutical laboratory environment gaining the following experience:
- Aseptic technique and microbial manipulation
- Recombinant protein expression
- Experience with protein purification techniques and operation of purification equipment
- Protein characterization, including SDS-PAGE
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Able to interpret results with minimal guidance
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Molecular biology skills
- Biophysical characterisation of proteins
- Troubleshooting protein purification and recombinant protein expression
- Have an awareness of cGMP and biopharmaceutical manufacturing requirements
- Presented scientific findings and progress to internal and external audiences, including to partners
BSc. or MSc. or PhD in biochemical or protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related discipline
Whether you're a hardened drug developer or perhaps a research scientist looking to expand your skill set along the drug development narrative, this is a great opportunity to have a visible impact in one of the UK's most exciting biotechs.
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!