It's a hugely exciting time to join the process development team and you can be part of shaping it! As Immunocore evolves from a research company to a fully-fledged Research > Development & Commercial organisation the candidate transition team sits squarely in the middle of that opportunity.
**We're looking for proven industry experience**
IC5 - £33,000 - £50,000
You will conduct and design experimental investigations enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities, proposing improvements for consideration by colleagues and managers. Supporting process development within CMC, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results. Independently test and increasingly, leading lines of investigation. Proposing new experiments based on emerging data and other related information. Providing support on technical aspects to others.
- Conduct and design experiments to support manufacturing at GMP and regulatory submissions
- Following experimental protocols and writing reports
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Priorities: establishing priorities for own work and team-based projects; making decisions on prioritisation based on the overall goals of the team, department and project, using direct evidence and personal experience as guidance.
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
- Regular reporting on progress of work verbally and in writing.
- Worked in a bench-based microbial, biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical or bio-pharmaceutical laboratory environment with a recognized and established expertise to:
- Optimise recombinant expression and/or proteins
- Show a strong analytical mind with the ability to interpret complex datasets and propose sound experimental strategies
- Aid the production of biologics to support analytical characterization and formulation studies.
- Have an awareness of cGMP and biopharmaceutical manufacturing requirements
- Proposed and driven changes in working practices that have improved efficiency, supported teams through adoption and change
- Driven the direction and progress of work to aid attainment of deadlines or results
- Record results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Mentored and coached less experienced colleagues in scientific practices and theory
- Able to interpret results with minimal guidance
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!