We have two openings in this rapidly growing team at a variety of levels. It's a hugely exciting time to join the process development team and you can be part of shaping it! As Immunocore evolves from a research company to a fully-fledged Research > Development & Commercial organisation the process development team sits squarely in the middle of that opportunity.
**We're looking for proven industry experience**
IC5: £33,000 - £50,000
You will conduct and design experimental investigations enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities, proposing improvements for consideration by colleagues and managers. Supporting process development within CMC, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results. Independently test and increasingly, leading lines of investigation. Proposing new experiments based on emerging data and other related information. Providing support on technical aspects to others.
- Conduct and design experiments to support manufacturing at GMP and regulatory submissions
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff. Provide technical guidance to others within the team on how to use equipment most effectively; making recommendations regarding acquisition of new pieces of equipment.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
- Priorities: establishing priorities for own work and team-based projects; making decisions on prioritisation based on the overall goals of the team, department and project, using direct evidence and personal experience as guidance.
- Technical Knowledge: sharing knowledge with the wider team and, across departments representing the department both internally and externally. May also act as a mentor or manager to other colleagues, especially new hires, sharing scientific and company knowledge
- Reporting: communicating and presenting findings at meetings with colleagues, senior management and partners.
- Worked in a bench-based microbial, biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical or bio-pharmaceutical laboratory environment with a recognized and established expertise to:
- Optimise recombinant expression and/or proteins
- Show a strong analytical mind with the ability to interpret complex datasets and propose sound experimental strategies
- Aid the production of biologics to support analytical characterization and formulation studies.
- Have an awareness of cGMP and biopharmaceutical manufacturing requirements
- Proposed and driven changes in working practices that have improved efficiency, supported teams through adoption and change
- Driven the direction and progress of work to aid attainment of deadlines or results
- Record results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Mentored and coached less experienced colleagues in scientific practices and theory
- Able to interpret results with minimal guidance
You will need a BSc or MSc or equivalent in biochemical engineering, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline. A PhD is desirable in related discipline.
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!