We're looking for a Senior Formulation Scientist with proven industry experience to conduct and design experimental investigations to support a low dose parenteral bio-pharmaceutical in the development and management of integrated formulation strategies supporting Immunocore’s bio-pharmaceutical platforms. The formulation role will cover early stressing studies, formulation excipient screening, CMC process support, drug substance and drug product through to compatibility with final patient delivery systems.
You will work in close collaboration with the Head of Formulation, CMC teams and related functions to input into the formulation related sections for regulatory filings, development reports and other development related documents.
£40,000 - £52,000
- You will: independently testing and, increasingly, leading lines of investigation. Proposing new experiments based on emerging data and other related information. Providing support on technical aspects to others.
- To conduct and design experiments to establish formulations for TCR platform API and IMP
- Investigate compatibility of drug product through delivery devices for patient administration
- Investigations in novel drug delivery formats
- Perform testing and develop test methods to support stability and formulation studies.
- Carry out and optimise production of recombinant protein supportive reagents, including conjugations
- Communicate key findings to managers and scientists in other groups
- Review/sign-off of routine assays.
- Writing of SOPs.
- Contributing to regulatory documentation
- Participation in laboratory maintenance.
- Priorities: establishing priorities for own work and team-based projects; making decisions on prioritisation based on the overall goals of the team, department and project, using direct evidence and personal experience as guidance.
- Technical Knowledge: sharing knowledge with the wider team and, across departments representing the department both internally and externally. May also act as a mentor or manager to other colleagues, especially new hires, sharing scientific and company knowledge. Increasingly providing analysis of new techniques and theories from outside the Company to advance the way the company works; sharing these with leaders across the Company.
- Background in recombinant protein or antibody formulation, analytical development or QC, with proven industry experience and exposure to GMP.
- Experience in design of formulation studies, including the utilisation of design of experiments principles.
- Strong expertise in electrophoretic or chromatographic assays and general biochemical lab techniques.
- Experience of process development for production of biologics and conjugation of biomolecules
- Experience with lyophilisation development of Biotherapeutics
- Familiar with biopharmaceutical stability study principles
- Familiarity with novel drug delivery formats
- proactive in ensuring high quality of their work and seeking additional responsibilities to help meeting the goals of the team
- Presented detailed scientific findings and papers to internal and external audiences
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!